Now that you have your Confirmation of permanent residency, it’s time to think about what you need to prepare before immigrating to Ontario. Making a Pre-Arrival Check-List is a helpful exercise. Start by considering what documents you need to bring with you to be able to work in your Skilled Trade. Think of the following:
Now that you have your documents in order, you’re ready for the next step of your pre-arrival preparation. This is where you might consider making an Action Plan. An Action Plan is a useful tool that guides you on your approach to finding work in Ontario. An Action Plan can outline:
- How it is that you plan to find work
- How you plan to keep the job, once you have started with one
- How you can further your career
Preparation is needed for success in the Ontario Skilled Trades. By taking some time now, creating a Pre-Arrival Check-List and Action Plan, you will be prepared for work. Preparing now will:
- Help you save time and money
- Provide you with an understanding of employer expectations
- Help you better understand the Canadian workplace
|Preparation is not always easy, especially for those immigrating to a new country. Every country has its own unique culture and practices. This also affects how we work together. Build ON has been created to help you be prepared for this change.
Register today and Build ON with us!