Build ON is a free service developed for people immigrating to Ontario who are interested in working in the Skilled Trades.
Before registering for our service, find out if you are eligible. In order to determine whether or not Build ON is right for you, please review the following questions:
1. Do you reside outside of Canada?
2. Have you applied for immigration with the Government of Canada, and been approved for permanent residency under one of the following categories?
- Permanent residents who have not become Canadian citizens;
- Protected Persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA);
- Individuals who have been selected, in Canada or overseas, to become permanent residents pending completion of medical, security and criminal verification statutory requirements, and who have been informed by a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
- Convention refugees and protected persons overseas who have been selected for resettlement in Canada by Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
- Live-In Caregiver applicants overseas who have been informed, by a letter of confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, of the approval of their temporary work permit are eligible to receive services under the Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) initiative;
- Applicants in possession of a temporary work permit issued under the Live-In Caregiver Program
3. Along with the Unique Identifier Number (UCI), do you possess one of the following IRCC-issued documents as proof of eligibility for our pre-arrival services? (Please note that documents listed above do not necessarily apply to refugee clients.)
- A passport request letter;
- An IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
- Confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) letter
4. Are you planning to settle in Ontario?
5. Are you interested in working in the Skilled Trades?
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, Build ON is right for you!
Click here to start the registration process!