1. What is required to be eligible for the Build ON services?
In order to be eligible for Build ON’s services, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence from the Government of Canada
- Currently be living overseas
- Intend to be settling in Ontario
- Be interested in working in the Skilled Trades, Engineering, and Construction sectors
Please click here to determine your eligibility.
2. Can you find me a job in Canada?
Build ON provides tools including an interactive website, online workshops and employment consultations to make sure that you are prepared to find work in the Ontario Skilled Trades, Engineering and Construction sectors however we do not find jobs for our clients.
3. Can you help me immigrate to Canada?
We do not provide help with visas or immigration procedures aimed at individuals who wish to move to Canada. If you would like to find out more on how to immigrate to Canada, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
4. I am currently residing in Canada. Can I still register for Build ON’s services?
Unfortunately, we can only serve clients who have not yet arrived in Canada. There is an extensive network of YMCAs and YWCAs available throughout Ontario to provide a host of settlement, recreation and social services for you and your family. For more information, visit YMCA Canada's website here. IRCC provides funding for a variety of services across the province to support newcomers to Canada who have already landed in Ontario. For more information, click here.
5. What is the cost to register for the Build ON program?
There is no cost to access Build ON’s services, as we are funded by the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Click here to register.
6. How do I register for your program?
Please visit our Registration page and enter your information. Registration is an easy and simple process, with instructions on how to fill out the forms along the way. You can also visit the “Is this for you?” page to find Build ON’s eligibility criteria and a link to our online registration form.
7. What is a UCI number?
A UCI Number is also known as a Unique Client Identifier number or a Client ID. It is an eight or ten digit number (e.g.: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000) that is assigned by the Government of Canada to newcomers who have been approved to immigrate to Canada. It appears on all documents you receive from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, including your confirmation documents.
8. Why are you only helping people who have been approved to immigrate to Canada?
Our customized services focus on topics that are relevant to those who are still living abroad and expecting to be moving to Canada soon. Build ON receives funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to provide services to individuals who are still living outside of Canada, and have received acceptance for permanent residency from the Government of Canada. If you have not yet been approved to immigrate to Canada, please visit the IRCC website for more information.
9. How long does it take to access all of Build ON’s services?
Since Build ON is customized to your needs, there are no particular time commitments for our services. As a client of Build ON, you may choose the number of employment consultations you wish to complete, how often your individual sessions take place and the amount of time you want to dedicate to accessing Build ON’s services. Please share your availability and concerns with your Employment Consultant so that your preferences can be accommodated.
10. What options are available other than e-mail for communication platforms?
Build ON can offer services to you via many platforms such as WhatsApp, Zoom and Microsoft Teams, a part from e-mail.