What is it?
The Build ON Mentorship Program connects Build ON clients with a volunteer Career Mentor working in the same or a related field within Ontario. This service is offered in partnership with Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO).
The mentor supports the client to:
- Develop an employment action plan
- Learn about the Canadian working culture within their profession
- Fine tune resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Develop a professional network within their field
How it works?
Mentors and mentees meet online. Mentors build upon the knowledge the Mentee has acquired, offering guidance and support with respect to:
- Career objectives
- Canadian workplace language, culture and etiquette
- Employment research strategies
- Employer engagement strategies
- Professional Network Development
- Employment application preparation
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation
- Overall guidance and encouragement
If you are NOT a registered Build ON client, click here to start the registration process!