Build ON is a pre-arrival service funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We provide specialized information and orientation about the Skilled Trades to individuals who are overseas and approved to immigrate to Canada and showing an interest in working in Ontario's Skilled Trades.
Build ON offers employment consultations personalized to clients’ needs and goals. During our online one–on-one consultations, we make it easier to transition into Canadian workplace culture, offer a better understanding of the trades in Ontario, and provide information on the best pathway to employment in the Skilled Trades through workshops and other resources. In our workshops, we cover topics such as Canadian workplace culture, popular skilled trades, job search techniques and more.
There is no cost to participate or to register with us.
If you have been approved to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident and you have a desire to work in the skilled trades in Ontario, this service is for you!
Our team of Employment Consultants is very knowledgeable and keeps current in all areas of trades and employment in Ontario. Click here to meet the team and see WHO WE ARE.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer everyone access to the following content:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REGISTRATION?
We offer registered users access to much more information and content, including the following:
- Access to a User Dashboard which tracks your progress through the service
- Online one-on-one consultations through your preferred platform (Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, phone, email, etc.) with our Employment Consultants
- Customized curriculums for job search strategies
- Personalized action plans developed during an employment consultation to reach your goals
- Video workshops about working in the skilled trades in Ontario
- Downloadable documents, templates and more resources to help you prepare to work in Canada
- Mentorship connection opportunity for individuals settling in Ontario
- Services offered in English and French with the ability to provide assistance in Arabic, Farsi and Spanish upon request
- Free online WHMIS training & Health and Safety in 4 Easy Steps
Build ON Mentorship:
What is it?
The Build ON Mentorship Program connects Build ON clients with a volunteer Career Mentor working in the same or a related field within Ontario. This service is offered in partnership with Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO).
The mentor supports the client to:
- Develop an employment action plan
- Learn about the Canadian working culture within their profession
- Fine tune resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Develop a professional network within their field
How it works?
Mentors and mentees meet online. Mentors build upon the knowledge the Mentee has acquired, offering guidance and support with respect to:
- Career objectives
- Canadian workplace language, culture and etiquette
- Employment research strategies
- Employer engagement strategies
- Professional Network Development
- Employment application preparation
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation
- Overall guidance and encouragement
Click here to start the registration process!